Monday, November 14, 2011
Bedtime Bonding
I have always loved putting Jaden to bed. The first 18 months of his life I always nursed him to sleep. I love having that bond with him. It is really unexplainable. I cherished those months, and when it was time to wean... I had a little bit of a hard time. I think weaning was harder on me than it was on Jaden. But, when I weaned- I started walking or rocking him to sleep instead. Now, those are the times I cherish. Now he has these funny little things he does to comfort himself as I rock him to sleep. When he is tired, he will push my hair away from my chest and pull the neck of my shirt down just enough so that he can lay his head on me skin on skin. Oh, I just love that... it's so precious! He also will whisper to himself while I rock him. Today he was whispering about 'juice' and 'pants'... I thought that's random! The other night he was whispering 'Toria...tree' since during the day we watched my niece Victoria climb a tree. I love these new things that he has started doing since weaning. I am grateful that we still get a quiet bonding time before bed. I think I might rock him to sleep for his whole life! Would that be strange???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is so sweet!! I try not to think about Victoria in the tree before I go to bed, or I might have nightmares!! :)
ReplyDelete