Monday, February 27, 2012

No Really...we are lucky!

Whenever Jaden is throwing a monster fit, Jacob will look at me lovingly with a huge smile on his face and say things like:  "We're so lucky!" or "Can you believe we get to have another one?" ...etc.   I usually respond with a huge smile of my own and say things like "I'm so excited" or "How did we get so lucky?".
But, really- we are so lucky!  After years struggling with infertility we have a very sweet(most of the time) boy, and another unexpected blessing on the way!  It is funny how in those moments of frustration I always think about how this wasn't part of my idealistic view of being a parent.  I thought of cuddling babies, and fun moments with perfect children that didn't throw fits for no apparent reason.  But, this is parenthood- and it's better than I ever imagined.  The love for this precious child outweighs any fit he can throw/ hair he can pull/ item he hits me in the head with.  It's amazing to be a mom!
...And what is the reason he throws all out fits nowadays?????   He doesn't like my glasses!!!!!!!!!

Jaden throwing a monster fit this morning...because I was wearing my glasses.(that I have worn since he was born)!

Bathtime today required Donald, Minnie, and Mickey to be an audience.

BEST NEWS of the day!!!!???????  Jaden's beloved penguin hat that he lost at Target last week was in the Target's lost and found today!!!!!!  AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he was able to get his cute little hat back! It's funny how much he loves that hat, but hates other accessories like glasses, or gloves, or animal nose masks. At least 80's clothes don't seem to bother him. :)

    ReplyDelete