Wednesday, July 11, 2012

SURPRISE!!!!!

I love a good surprise as much as anyone.  Ok... so maybe that statement was a lie.  I enjoy surprises such as: unplanned pregnancies(for pretty much anyone)(especially me...my sister-in-law...my parents...or even my inlaws)  (boy ...oh...boy...that would be magical) ummm...anyway...back to surprises I like:  genders of babies on their actual birthday; a surprise present of a yummy ice cream sundae from your husband he picked up for you on his way home from work- just because he could sense you would want it(that's never happened)...and obviously, I could go on and on and onnnnn....
I do not, however, love surprise parties for myself.  That is why I always require people to tell me of any such surprises ahead of time.  A great example happened just today.  Jacob's work threw us a surprise shower.  Thankfully, Jacob's dad told us about it ahead of time.  The funnest part of this surprise party was letting people think we were surprised.  I think the even funner part for Jacob was giving people a hard time before the shower...such as saying he may not come in to work today, or asking why everyone was going to be at work today when it was so slow.  The not so fun part was poor baby Jaden's reaction when everyone yelled "SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Oh, NOOO.... that boy was not happy.... not happy at all.  In fact, he broke down and squeezed his eyes closed soooooo tight.  We, indeed, had to remove him from the party environment to let him calm down.   That little one does not like crowds or apparently surprises.  I think he may get that from me and his father!

3 comments:

  1. Shoot! He is about to be in for the surprise of his lifetime when that little baby comes out! When I bring him to the hospital to see you all for this first time, pul-lease do not, I repeat, DO NOT, hide under your soiled bedcovers and yell surprise when we walk in! I however would enjoy that surpse though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh...yes....indeed, my linens shall be soiled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! So glad you are back to posting these events!!

    ReplyDelete